Gloucester is undergoing an amazing facelift at the moment, with a £1billion regeneration programme set in place the city provides a lot for your business.
Jo, our Centre Manager at Fig Offices Gloucester highlights the top 5 benefits:
Growing Support for SME’s
Strong investor demand has seen over 350 businesses start-up, relocate or expand their existing operations.
The city is bucking the national trend. One major developer commented why they were investing locally in the current economic climate that “Gloucester is where it is all happening”.
In addition to big name developers, Gloucester has also seen an increase in smaller start-up businesses too, reflected in the recent Duport Business Confidence Report. “The increase in UK company share suggests Gloucester is becoming more important to the national economy” Peter Valaitis, Managing Director, Duport Associates Ltd.
Gloucester City Council has extended its successful grants programme by offering a new £120,000 package of grant support to help start-up and expanding businesses with their rents, business rates and property repairs. Cash help with business rates has been welcomed by many businesses. In addition to grants, information and advice is available to businesses including marketing, training and skills support, subsidised workspace and excellent networking opportunities.
Highly skilled pool of workers
Gloucester has seen strong sector growth in ICT, aerospace and advanced engineering, tourism, finance and insurance, creative industries and healthcare.
Gloucester is also generating a variety of interest nationally and internationally, through achievement of various best practice awards – opportunities are being created by the city’s dynamic approach to sustainable development and growth
A centre of manufacturing excellence including aviation, technical and engineering developments
Business, leisure and retail investment
£700 million of private sector investment has been secured in the city.
Most recently an agreement with Stanhope for a £60 million redevelopment of Kings Quarter in the heart of Gloucester.
Work is underway on a £34 million high-quality retail and business park at Triangle Park.
The Peel Group has spent £60 million on a leisure development including a new health and fitness club, 10-screen cinema and restaurants.
Stunning waterside development of Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet Centre, home to many world class brands
St Oswald’s Retail Park is a significant mixed-use development Education
Excellent Transport Links
Outstanding location and transport infrastructure near M5, M4 & M50 motorways
- Gateway to urban hubs of Bristol, Birmingham & Cardiff
- 8,400,000 people live within 90 minutes travel time
- 4,200 businesses in Gloucester with approximately 63,500 employees
- Local airport, plus easy access to international airports of Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff
- Centrally located bus and rail interchange
- Public realm improvements including the £7m Linkages Scheme creating a vibrant thoroughfare between the Docks and city centre
- South West Bypass and the St Ann Way / High Orchard Bridge link opening city centre development opportunities
Business and Education Focus
- Excellent business premises at competitive rates ranging from bespoke built, contemporary offices overlooking the historical docks
- High quality incubator workspace and flexible and virtual office space available
- Wide choice of hotel and conferencing venues ranging from international hotels to unique historic venues for a truly memorable setting
- Gloucester and the local area offer an excellent range of high quality business accommodation. From budget accommodation to international hotel chains and intimate friendly guesthouses, the city caters for all
- New Gloucestershire College campus supporting the city’s growing young population
- Global Language Immersion Centre opening Gloucester to the world Infrastructure Projects